Updated: May 12, 2022
But what is SEO?
SEO - Search Engine Optimization. It is a set of optimization strategies and techniques done on a web page so that it appears organically in internet search engines. The correct use of SEO can cause significant increases in internet traffic and brand visibility.
Authority vs Relevance
Authority is the popularity of a website. The more popular it is, the more valuable the information it contains. This is the factor a search engine takes into account the most, as it is based on the user's own experience. The more content is shared, the more users find it useful. The authority is who will dictate the position of your website in a search. Knowing how to manage the authority of your page well is extremely important, after all, who goes to the second page of google, right?
Relevance is the relationship a page has to a given search. This doesn't simply mean that a page often contains the search term, rather the search engine relies on hundreds of local factors to determine this.
Types of SEO:
• On-site SEO: Web optimization so that search engines can find your content. Things like keyword optimization, loading time, user experience, code optimization and URL format.
• Off-site SEO: Factors external to the web page in question. Number and quality of links, presence on social networks, brand authority, CTR (click through rate), etc.
• Technical SEO: This is the crawl, index and its rendering. Here we check the technical aspects of search engines to know if your content is accessible.
The good use of keywords is very important to attract users to click on your website, since they are one of the main factors that will make your website visible.
So are we going to use keywords like crazy?
The answer is NO!! The key to success in SEO is in your connections. Misuse of keywords can reduce your site's authority. When you start using several keywords that have nothing to do with your content, google understands that this is a clickbait and you lose authority, that is, instead of appearing at the top of the results, you will appear lower in the list. Good keyword practice is important for maintaining your authority. Always use keywords that are related to the theme of your site, alternating between broader keywords (more generalized and searched) and more specific keywords that are less searched. This way you can guarantee to be thrown into the ocean (highly searched keywords) and also into the aquarium (less searched keywords) but ALWAYS related to the theme of your site.
Some important technical terms
To learn more about SEO, there are some technical terms you need to get used to (since you will hear a lot about them). Among them:
• Meta description: HTML tag that is responsible for briefly describing the site. That typical text that appears under the link of the websites in a search.
• Meta tag: small tags hidden in the HTML code that can tell the search engine (in this case, google) what the page is about. The correct use of keywords here is essential.
• Alt text: small text that describes an image. It also helps a lot in terms of SEO as it is yet another place to use keywords through your images.
• Backlink: is an external link that takes the user to another website. It seems unimportant, but the good use of backlinks can considerably increase the authority of your page. The more you mention sites that have good authority on your site, the more google understands that your site is relevant. Remembering to always keep the theme of your website!
This is just a brief summary of the amazing world of SEO. If you liked it, share this article with your friends! If you have any questions, feel free to use our chat and contact us.
Writen by Thaissa Horne